Resize/Optimize Your Photos for the Web
How to optimize your photos for the web: resizing and selecting the best level of compression. Includes a link to info on protecting your photos online.
How to Prepare you Photos for Upload to SmugMug Galleries
Two primary considerations must be addressed for successfully posting your images on the South County Photo Club SmugMug Galleries.
1. Resizing the photos so they are not so big as to degrade SmugMug performance or so small that the image is not showcased effectively.
2. Applying a “watermark” to your photo so members know it is yours. For challenges and contest it is essential for judges/moderators to be able to identify the person who submitted an image.
For a collection of general educational material addressing these two needs click on the following links.
Primer on Image Dimensions and Resolution
If you’re unclear about the various aspects of digital image size and output resolution check out this six-minute video.
This tutorial shows how to shoot a sequence of shallow-depth photos and then process them in Photoshop so that the final image is in focus throughout.
- The Candid Frame—The place for in-depth conversations with the world’s best established and emerging photographers.
- The Digital Photo Experience was created by Rick Sammon and Juan Pons to bring to you the best photography tips, advice, news and information. Both Rick and Juan live and breathe photography and are always eager to share with you what they know.
- The Digital Story—weekly digital photography podcasts, photo tips, reader submitted pictures, equipment reviews & more
- photofocus—education and inspiration for visual storytellers